Update 45

It has been a very busy week yet again at my real work, but luckily the wife has decided wathcing Grey’s Anatomy, which means that I have some time in the evenings to get some coding done.

As I wrote last week I have implemented the new way of calculating the seatings, which I this week have given the final touch, so it is now working almost as intended. I am only missing some of the data updates, where I for a lot of the Boeings have added way too much seating area. That is a minor and easy thing to fix.

Since the seatings is now implemented I have also added all the existing airliner types, so it is now again possible to play with the Piper Jets etc. The reason why I have added all the types is that I have implemented the start data. The start data is the routes and airliners a CPU airline is starting the game with. This is the first step in implementing the AI.

While I tested the GUI after implementing the start data I noticed that it was possible to take action on a lot of the data for the CPU airlines. This I have also fixed, but there might still be some places where it is missing.

Lastly I hope to release a new pre alpha the coming week since I think there have been a lot of changes since the last one

Update 44

First of all it seems like the prealpha release 2 didn’t have that many issues, so I have used the last week on doing some minor updates mainly on the base code. This has no effect for the users, but it helps me later on in the development. Else than that I have been very busy at my real work, so I have only been able to focus on one new major implementation which is seat width and pitch.


This is a switch from the old way of doing the things in version 1 where the seats had a specific size and the number of seats changed based on that size. Now we have an overall seating size which can be used for all of the classes and where the capacity is calculated based on that size and the pitch and width of the seats.

For next week I hope to start on the AI, so the game will be more realistic, and also to see if the code can handle it.